Monday, September 12, 2005

The Stickers

I printed some yellow 'I want an adventure! Do you?' stickers. So that I can help people who want adventures find this website, and hopefully get adventuring. They weren't a very nice design, but I did it online and it was all completely automated and very cheap. I'm broke and far too embarassed to go to a proper printers, so the automated cheap online printers was very handy for me.

I put the first one up today, on a tube poster nose at Tooting Bec station. I've noticed that somebody, I'm guessing it's just one person and not a team or organised group, keeps putting chewing gum on poster noses at tube stations, particularly tube poster noses by the sides of the escalators. I keep seeing their handiwork wherever I go, and well done to them for their prolific endeavours! They were my inspiration. So I'm going to do my best to put 'IWAA' stickers on as many tube poster noses as I can find. Although this evening the thought struck me that there aren't many tubes posters outside London, and yet people outside London might also like to have adventures. So I'm going to make that 'poster noses' and not just 'tube poster noses'. I don't think the chewing-gum-tube-poster nose stickerer will mind this, as I'm actually expanding on his original concept. He'll probably be quite jealous he didn't think of it.

Unfortunately this poses new problems as I rarely leave London, I have a full time job, and a 5 year old daughter, which limits my travel and social options. This means there's likely to be a lot of tube poster nose stickering at Tooting Bec and Tottenham Court Road - these are my home and work tube stations. And I really feel quite sorry for people who want adventures who don't live on the Northern Line.

So I now have *'A Plan'. I will do my best to put poster nose stickers up myself, but I will also ask others for help. I've cut up my sticker sheets, into 2s and 3s and I will write 'please stick me' on their backs, so that other people can help decorate poster noses wherever they may go. I hope this works. I also hope some people want adventures, or else I wasted £30.79 and 10 minutes of designing time at that automated online printers. We'll just have to wait and see...


*AP? Or do you think I'm going overboard with the acronyms?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home