Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Chewing Gum Noses...

I was disappointed as I headed to work today to see that the first ever IWAA I'd placed, on a tube poster nose on an escalator at Tooting Bec station, was now inaccessible to the public. This was because the whole escalator had been sealed off with yellow 'No entry' ribbons, and 'Danger' signs. I thought this was a bit excessive - I only stuck up a little sticker!

As I neared the bottom of the stairs I was looked over at the posters and was sad to realise that my first ever IWAA sticker had also been torn from the poster. Leaving some poor 'Chicago' actor with a badly torn nose.

I was disheartened, but hoped I might be cheered by seeing an unexpected IWAA sticker on the way to work. I hoped people might have found the stickers I'd left around London and followed the 'Please stick me' instructions. Maybe I'd see a few poster noses stickered? But it was not to be. I didn't see any IWAA stickers.

However as I travelled up the 'Up' escalator at Oxford Circus I was amazed to see that nearly every poster nose had been decorated... with chewing gum!

I didn't know what this meant. Was the chewing gum nose stickerer mocking me? Was this a cry for help, an act of support? Or an unusual mass desire to disgard chewing gum before leaving the tube station?

Seeing all those chewing gum noses really brightened my day, but how I wish they had been IWAA stickers!

Susy Stilton wrote in today and said 'Can I stick some stickers up for you?' No, not really. I must stop doing this making up people thing...

But if you're willing and able to decorate poster noses with 'I want an adventure' stickers then please let me know. They are ready-gummed, but you can use chewing gum to stick them if you prefer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home