Friday, September 23, 2005

The battle continues!


Possibly my fault for describing it as a 'battle', when it was actually just a minor, isolated incident. It was. Not any more. They've done it again! The monkey nose poster sticker has yet again been removed.

The relevant poster is at the very far end of the platform at Tooting Bec tube station. I head here purely in order to make an easy change at the Victoria line at Stockwell. It means I'm at the right end of the platform for the exit at Oxford Circus. I could speculate that whoever is removing the monkey nose stickers is making a similar use of the Victoria line? It's possible they too exit at Oxford Circus. Although in tracking down my anti-adventure adversory with this line of enquiry I'd need to research the exit positions of other stations on the Victoria, and Northern lines, plus all other intersecting tube lines.

I stuck another yellow sticker on the poor poster monkey. I suspect he must be getting confused now, and a bit fed up of his nose being treated in this way. At least he would if he was real. It's actually a very good thing that he's not. Poor little mite.

I hope the IWAA sticker's still there in the morning, but if not I won't give up! This is a battle now - and I won't be defeated! I'm going to stick, and stick, and stick; until I realise that this whole adventure thing is a very stupid idea. I probably should have realised that already?

But I was feeling pugnacious as I headed to work, so I also stuck a yellow IWAA sticker on the Up escalator at Oxford Circus tube, right on top of one of the many chewing gum noses! Escalator stickering is quite a tricky skill I can tell you, those escalators move at quite a pace. You should try it! Really. I mean it.... I have lots of stickers! Please... (My email address is on the right.)

I also placed some 'Please stick me stickers' around Oxford Street in my lunch break. On some of these stickers, as well as written instructions I also drew diagrams regarding the proper poster nose placement of these stickers. I hope this will help.

I also distributed some of these as I shopped at Sainsbury's after work. I placed some amongst the ready meal shepherd's pies, also amongst the special offer frozen pizzas, plus one in the pages of a Suduko book. I didn't think these were the sort of places that adventurous people might be, but I put them here because I thought they might be found by the sort of people who needed adventures. I think would-be-adventurers should be do-gooders, and IWAA should hope to be a charitable enterprise. I also bought a special offer frozen pizza. So I think I located the stickers well as I am obviously my own target market. (I hope this 'target market' isn't just me.)

Sadly I still haven't seen an IWAA sticker that hasn't been stuck by me. Although there was some chewing gum on a different monkey nose poster at Stockwell tube station. But please, whoever you are, if you're reading this and chewing gumming instead of stickering... And this is important. Please understand this is about Adventures not chewing gum! And monkeys aren't supposed to have much to do with it all either. Although that chewing-gum-nose-stickerer certainly is a cheeky one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home