Saturday, October 15, 2005

I'm not dead!

But I have been ill for the last few days, and this is why the site hasn't been updated. So nothing very adventurous was accomplished at all by me in the last few days, the nearest I came to adventure was this weird dream I had about floating in a big bowl of soup... Don't worry, I'll spare you the details. And you'll be pleased to hear the nasty lumps of potato spared me also, although it was close for a while and they were very scarey. Anyway, where were we? Ah yes, no website updates, and no hidden stickers, and no :) mission either. :(

I have been thinking about all this, and realised that I have gathered together (in my email inbox) quite a lot of people who all want an adventure, and I'm sure they feel by now that writing to me hasn't brought them any closer to getting one. I'm unhappy about this, and I also feel sort of responsible for all these disappointed would-be-adventurers. I don't want to let anyone down. I was hoping my adventure database idea would work, and it might still... But if it doesn't, if it has to be up to me to personally find suitable adventures for people, then so be it! I say this as I have already committed to giving one slightly impatient would-be adventurer a mission. And nothing wrong with him for demanding his adventure dues, keenness is a fine trait for an adventurer.

As I am being a bit slow with things (although I have been ill in bed the last few days, so cut me a bit of slack...) I have decided that one adventure I can arrange for everyone is an online one, a sort of online blogs treasure hunt. I know, it's not going to involve much of an adrenaline rush, there's no danger involved when you're just clicking your mouse, but treat this as an easy training mission, my would-be-adventurer friends.

However, to set this up I need some help from you. (I'll be emailing everyone about this too) I need you to send me something that says to you, 'adventure'. It doesn't matter too much exactly what, it could be a picture, a colour, some words of text, an essay, a song, the name of a film, anything... just something that means 'adventure' to you. I know what I'd send 'me', it's something a bit silly, but 'adventure' means that to me, it might not to you. You need to send it to me by email ideally, but I do also accept submissions hidden in books at Borders bookshop, Oxford Street.

Some stickers should be hidden on Monday by the way, let me know if you want some in a particular book. And next time I use a tube I will smile myself silly. By saying this am I dooming myself to another relapse?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home